Kim is committed to service and a proven leader.
Experienced… Thoughtful… Respected… Effective…
- 4 years as Mayor, 2019-current
- 10 years as a State Representative for Rochester in the Minnesota House, 2006 – 2016
- 8 years as a Rochester School Board member – 1 as chair, 1998-2006
- Many years of service on the boards of multiple community agencies
- Master’s degree in Public Affairs from the University of Minnesota
- Bush Fellowship focused on leadership and energy policy
- Executive Certificate in Public Policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, including the Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program, Bloomberg City Leadership Initiative and Women and Power
- Certified Neutral Mediator
Kim listens to all voices in our community and helps our city make smart and fair decisions. Kim’s dedication to working effectively with City Council members and staff to solve problems and get things done is exactly what our city needs today.
Kim is married to Randy Stone, mother of four grown children and a proud grandma of four, too!